Saturday 7 February 2015

Back to the Beginning

Back to the beginning.
 I first noticed something was wrong on the Sunday before Christmas.  After having a shower in the morning I noticed that my left arm was red and all my veins were very prominent (I said my arm!!). I thought I must have been standing with my left side under the hot shower rather than my right so waited for about 10 minutes.  Looked in the mirror, still the same.  The first thing that came to mind was that I had a clot in the main (subclavian) vein, not common but not really rare.
So like every other doctor, rather than asking a colleague to have a look and give an opinion and then suggest a course of treatment, best to go straight for an investigation.  We all love an investigation!!  2 very kind radiologists scanned my vascular system on a Sunday morning, all normal.  Great, crack on, it'll settled down.
But it didn't settled down. Nothing too drastic but the redness carried on and my arm started to swell. Couldn't complain really, it was the first time my deltoid and bicep on my left had been as big as my right 💪💪
So without being overly concerned I just moaned to various people over Christmas with varying levels of sympathy


No comments:

Post a Comment