Thursday 12 February 2015

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Hair has now gone, down to the wood.  A whole new world of scalp care awaits!!

As I said bits started coming out on Friday and things gradually escalated over the weekend.  When I woke up on Monday morning it looked like a cat had slept on my pillow.

I did think that losing my hair was going to be a big psychological turning point in my attitude to my illness and thinking about it had actually made me feel quite upset.  However theres been no thunderbolt.

Most people seem to think that it suits me, that I have a nice shaped head!!  Maybe they're just being kind.

If I look in the mirror or catch a glimpse of myself, it just isn't me.  I can put my hood up and its me again, my face.  I can see my reflection in the window as Im writing this and it takes bit of time for me to register that that is me.

What is it that actually bothers me so much?
Its not the actual look of it because it does suit me in a strange way, I do have a pretty symmetrical head!!  And its not the fact that it says 'you have cancer and you're having chemotherapy', which is what I initially thought would bother me.  Its difficult to explain why I don't like it really.  It just isn't me and thats what makes it wrong if that makes any sense.


1 comment:

  1. You sound in great spirits Rhys! Don't worry about the hair, yours will return, mine won't and I don't have a great head shape like you. Keep your pecker up!

    ReplyDelete